Monday, February 27, 2012

February 27, 2012 Lebu

From Nate's mom:
Last Thursday I answered the phone and I heard "Mother". I said, "Oh, my gosh, Nathan!" I was very surprised! He had lost his wallet on a bus and it got stolen so he had to call me to have me cancel his debit card. He told me how excited he was about the upcoming baptisms and that Luzgarda's family was also interested in taking the lessons from them. Then he said, "Mi Companiero -oh sorry I'm forgetting how to speak English..." Then he said, "I love you." I told him that I was sorry about his wallet but it was really nice to hear his voice. He sounded so good and so happy. We only talked for about 2 minutes but it made my day.
This is a short email he sent today:
"The first baptism we had last week was Anouchka. She got baptized on the 25thby my companion and I did the confirmation for her. The baptism of Luzgarda went really well. I did the baptism and I didn’t mess up. Yes!! I was kind of nervous but it is all good. The baptism went really well and yesterday we taught her daughter who is like thirty something and she accepted a date for baptism for the 24thof March! So we are really excited about that. 

This week might be a little lame because my comp has a meeting in Concepciòn tomorrow all day and then on Thursday and  Friday we both have to go back to Concepciòn which is like three hours away from Lebu so we have like two days in our sector. Lame!! But it's all good stuff we have to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment