Friday, February 17, 2012

November 8, 2011 First week at the MTC

Hi family!!

So, it is my first p day and it is my favorite day of the week!!! But all the days are pretty good.  My companion's name is Elder Moss.  He is from Layton. He is pretty cool. Learning the language is really really hard for me but I will learn it in the Lord's time, not mine.  My district is really cool. Two elders and one sister in my district are actually going to the same mission as me so it is pretty awesome!

It's really hard here but I am working through it. The food is really good though... I like food... like a lot... I hope all of you are doing well.  I miss you guys but am getting m ore used to being gone as time goes on. And, tell Jessie I won't forget her. How could I with all the hearts I keep finding in every little thing I open...

So, I decided that I am supposed to speak Spanish even though I am very slow and not very good at it like some of the others but I know I will be able to use it when I need it most.  I can somewhat pray and bear my testimony! I can say I am grateful for my family! Want to hear? Estoy agradecida por mi familia!! Yay! I say that a lot because it's one of the only things I can say. Start telling everyone you know to write me! Letters are really really nice. Corey wrote me a good one that really helped me a lot so tell him thank you and that I love him and miss his little family. And Rachael, thanks for the pictures.  They made me smile. Tell Dad that his letter was really nice and has helped me.

Well the first week was very stressful and difficult but I am now settled in ready to work really hard to learn this language so I can share this gospel with others. I know it is true.  It is the truth and I know it more than at any other time of my life. I love and miss all of you.  I am glad you all have testimonies and have strengthened  mine.  I know I am supposed to go to Chile. I will go and work hard and be an instrument in the Lord's hands.  What a blessing! Remember to read the Book of Mormon everday for at least 15 seconds. I promise you will want to read more.  Well until next week - bye!!!

I love you all!!
Austa luego!!

-Elder Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment