Friday, February 17, 2012

December 20, 2011 MTC

Hello everyone!!!

Well I am winding down to the last two weeks that I will be here in the MTC. Crazy! I can’t wait to leave and start to help the people of my mission! But I have learned so much from the MTC. And this week will be really cool because the Christmas we get here is really cool. I am so blessed to be a messenger of God and be here at the MTC during such a wonderful time of year.

I am still slowly learning Spanish but now I don’t worry about that as much. I have total faith in the Lord. He will help me as I work hard.
Thank you everyone for the letters and encouragement and prayers. They help me. And as I struggle to be a good representative of Jesus Christ, I need all the help I can get. So thank you.
I think the most significant thing that I have learned here is that it’s not about what people hear. It is about what they feel. I have grown to love the people of Chile already and I don’t even know them. But I know if I am worthy that they will be able to feel the spirit and the love that God has for them.

Another thing that I wanted to share with you all: If something doesn’t effect your eternal salvation it doesn’t matter. Let it go. I think one of the biggest things that we have to learn in this life is to not let little things bug us. I realized here on the mission how many stupid little things I let get to me that I really don’t need to let do that. And let me tell you it makes life easier. And I feel way more happiness. Please remember to love each other this time of year. I am so grateful for all of you. You have all helped me in some way and have helped me get here. Have a wonderful Christmas and remember Him who we remember on this day, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I love him and I know he lives.
Los Veymos- Elder Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment