Friday, February 17, 2012

November 15, 2011 MTC


Hello family and friends and whoever might read this.
So tomorrow we get two new Spanish speaking districts in our zone. Chris very well might be in my zone!!! That makes me so excited. Anyway I am feeling a little more settled in to the MTC now. These last two weeks have been the hardest two weeks of my life but I have learned a lot about myself. I have had to put all my faith in our Heavenly Father to not just want to give up with speaking Spanish. haha... It is really hard but I am slowly learning and progressing, even if it is really slow.
The MTC is mostly hours of classes but we get to do some pretty cool stuff to that help us stay sane in here. On Sundays we get to walk up to the temple and hang out for a while and Sunday night we get to watch a church movie which is pretty cool.
I am really glad I am here though. It is great to be serving the Lord and I am grateful for the struggles and blessings it has provided for me. I hope all is well in the real world.
My companion had to go to Rite Aid to pick up a prescription so we got to ride in a shuttle there and go get it. It was weird. I know it's only been two weeks but not everyone had a suit on with a black name tag... and then after our short little adventure we got put back into our little kennel of spirituality. And Spanish - don't forget the Spanish. But other than 16 hour days and being tired all the time and getting excited to go to Chile, there is not to much else to report. I got a letter from my mission president today saying how excited he is to have the new missionaries come and serve in the mission.
I encourage all to strengthen their testimony of this work by prayer and scripture study. If you do not have a testimony I promise that you can obtain one. I love you all and hope all is well. And thank you for the letters. They help more than you know!!! Keep them coming!!! 
-Elder Butterfield 

No comments:

Post a Comment