Sunday, April 28, 2013

April 20, 2013 Mission Office, Concepcion


Well, being in the office is really fun! I am just always tired though. My first week in the office was crazy because it was the week of a mission conference with a general authority named Elder Zwick. He was a really nice guy and he was the mission president of President Martinez!!! So it was cool to see that. So we had to get together all the stuff that the whole mission needs like boxes of Book of Mormons and pamphlets etc. So It was a crazy week and we had no time to work in our sector. But now that the conference is over we are going to try and leave Sunday all day to work and Monday and Friday after five. It’s hard to find time to work so please in your prayers ask for people to be there when we can work! I have the faith that we will find people still.

So I live with the APs and two other Elders. I help all of them in their work. Also, in the office there is a senior couple named the Benson’s. I help Sister Benson a lot because she does not know Spanish so I do lots of calls and translating documents for her. For example in our mission President has to do recommendations for some of the future missionaries.  But he does not have a lot of time so he sends them to the office to fill out and send. So I have been translating and putting together the mission papers for these Elders and sending them off to Salt Lake! So that is pretty fun! Also, on the computers sometimes you find time to be on lds.org and that is really nice to have. Also, President’s office is here and you can go in there and study in a very quiet setting!

So the trio that I am in is with Elder Walton who is from California but his family recently moved to St. George!! And he is thinking of going to UVU which would be sweet cause he is one of my best friends in the mission. He gets home a month after me so he will be starting school at the same time. The other is a Chilean from Santiago! He is really awesome as well. We have a lot of fun and work really hard so I have felt really happy. I will be here for a while and then end my last month and a half in the field is what it looks like is going to happen.

You cannot have casual prayers and study. If you go through the motions and your heart is not there it will not be the same. Every prayer has to be a pouring out of our souls to reach the heavens. And when we really show our Heavenly Father that we want something and it is his will, it will be granted to us.

I now feel a burning desire to NEVER BE CASUAL WITH THE LITTLE THINGS THAT I NEED TO DO TO HAVE PROTECTION FROM THE HEAVENS IN EVERY MOMENT OF MY LIFE. I simply cannot live to my potential without it. My mission more than anything up to this point has given me the chance to see that CONVERSION IS LIKE THE RISING SUN. THE MORE WE DO THE LITTLE THINGS THE MORE DARKNESS IS DROWNED OUT BY LIGHT UNTIL WE SHINE AS BRIGHT AS THE SUN AT NOON DAY. I know that is true. I know the more we use the atonement the darkness is drowned out of us and we are full of love.  I am so grateful for the opportunity the Atonement gives. There is no greater gift.

I thank you all for your prayers and patience. I could not have gotten here without your help. I hope all is well with you back home!!!! See you in six months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment