Monday, November 19, 2012

November 12, 2012 Talcahuano

Wow those are cool pictures. I definitely want to help with that in the future (the campaign). I was soooo mad I didn’t get to register in time to vote. And I have gotten all of my other packages just keep forgetting to tell you haha. 

And this week Lupe and Rayen got baptized!! It was so cool to be in the water again. It’s the only time I get to swim for another year. I made a goal with the Lord that I will have two people ready for baptism every month. So they were really happy and they got confirmed and everything and Lupe told me after church that a sister from the relief society said oh I can’t believe someone would get confirmed in jeans!!!! And Lupe felt really sad. She is the most loving person too. Wow did I feel anger... we had to tell her to forgive and forget and keep her sight on Jesus Christ. But really I know now that one little comment can ruin someone’s salvation. It’s so bad. But she said she will keep going to that class and the bishop is going to talk to that sister before I do... I am calm now but boy I got a glimpse of what it must feel like when someone does something mean to a kid as a parent.. but she is happy and fine. Tonight we are going to teach her about family home evening. 

And Mom, when Lupe found out I was sick she went crazy and sent me a whole bunch of medicine and commanded me to take it kind of like you would do!! I love you!
Also this last week another man named Miguel who we have been teaching has just been going to church on his own and we started to teach him and challenged him to get baptized on the first of December. He looked at us with a big smile, almost with tears and said yes, yes I will. I know it’s true. His wife is a member and he has never wanted to listen to the message but at an activity in the church I spent the whole time getting to know him and invited him to listen and now he has felt the difference in his own life. We also found out that he - on his own after reading what we left him - he just started to read the Book of Mormon from the beginning and he loves it. Then we shared a scripture with him in Mosiah 2:41 which is now my favorite scripture where it says we are blessed in everything we do temporally and spiritually when we keep the commandments and I asked him if he has felt that difference and he bore his testimony how now he has a lot more love for his family and the people he works with. He is so smart and understands everything. And this will be my first head of the house baptism. I am so excited for him. 

So we are doing good. And Elder Arnold, a seventy, came and basically told us to not contact doors anymore. We are only working with the members. 

Now the big miracle. Last Sunday a sister ran up to me after church and said please go to the hospital to give my nephew a blessing. He is dying. So we ran to the hospital and they let us in to the part where all the people in critical condition are. He was connected to all the machines and tubes were coming out of his body and it looked bad. But when I put my hands on his head I felt the power of the priesthood. I can’t explain it but I did and in the blessing I felt inspired to say that he would be ok and would live longer to be with his family. Well we didn’t know what happened until yesterday in church when she came up to me and just said thank you for having faith to act on the spot. He has a sickness that hardly anyone in the world has - some kind of pneumonia and his life percentage was five and he went flat line twice. He died twice. And after the blessing the worst part of his sickness was suddenly gone. He is out of the machines and tubes and preparing to leave the hospital. That power of God is real I felt it and it healed a man who was almost dead. That’s why we have to live worthy of the priesthood. It’s real. I saw God do a miracle with that power through me and now I am a witness that it is real. Never doubt it family!! We are doing really well - just working. I love you all and hope you are well.

No comments:

Post a Comment