Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June 25, 2012 Los Angeles


My new companion is a good guy. I am trying to help him in any way that I can. He works good and we are working with his teaching. It’s very different to have a Latin as a comp. I can’t express myself completely but it’s really good too.

In my district I only have sisters. So when I came to the mission field in my first district, my trainer was the district leader and we only had two sisters in our district. Well now it’s the same for me and one of the sisters in my district is the same one that was in my first one when I came. So we think that is pretty funny. We are finding a lot of people to teach but they are slowly progressing. 

We had one miracle on Sunday though that was really cool. So here we teach the gospel principles class and so we went there and the only two people that were there were one recent convert who is like 17 years old and her friend who is not a member. Well no one else showed up which is very weird. We usually have like 8. So I was like well let’s teach this girl about the restoration. So we taught her and she had very specific questions about religion and they all applied to the lesson. So at the end we began to tell her how she could know for herself that Joseph Smith was a prophet and she interrupted me and said actually I think I know.. I feel like he was a prophet and that this is true. And I said well let’s find out and we all kneeled - me and my comp, the girls, and our ward mission leader and she asked if he was a prophet. Well after the prayer she was beaming and she has found what she has been looking for.  So we are hopefully going to baptize her really fast. And hopefully we can teach her family or at least they can give her permission to do it. But my comp has six months in the mission and no baptisms so I hope we find someone. I think she will get baptized. So that was the miracle of the week. 

I am doing pretty good. Sometimes I really miss home but I can make it… I love you all. Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment