Monday, March 19, 2012

March 19,2012 Lebu


So this week was pretty good. We are trying to find more investigators and we have been working with getting plans for the ward. There is a huge problem here with members not working with the missionaries and nobody works with anything. They just kind of have their families and not really anyone else. So me and Elder Corliss wrote a plan about how we can work with members more involving numbers and goals for the year. We sent it to President Martinez and we had a big meeting with everyone in the ward and it was amazing. We talked a little bit about it but then the branch took over and started working together and it was really cool to see them start working together making goals and we are going to see changes in the mission. 

We are always trying to find people as missionaries because we don’t get anything from the members but now we are going to work together with the members and change the mission when we do so. The members are what keep converts in the church and I am really excited to work with the members now. It feels like you’re alone when you’re just trying to find the entire time but when you’re working with the members, that’s when the work gets fun. You see people change within the city and the branch and the unity of all the saints comes together. 

We are teaching them about the importance of helping their brothers and sisters get on the path to eternal life because in the end like it says in Moses 1:39 our goal is immortality and eternal life. And that is our purpose as members is to make sure we and our families are on the same path and then to help others get on in. So we have been busy trying to help the ward so we can see more success in the mission. 

I can’t believe I almost have a half year of my mission done. I know it is not a whole lot but still one more month and I have 6 months in the mission. It is already flying by and I am a new missionary. But on Sunday I figure out who my new companion is. I can’t stand to think that Elder Corliss is going away. He is such an amazing missionary. He has taught me soo much and has led by example and has shown me not just how to be a missionary but rather to be an instrument in the Lord’s hands. That is my goal and I am working hard to get it. I hope all is well with everyone I love you all and I am soo happy to have your prayers and support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment