Saturday, January 12, 2013

January 7, 2013 Lomas Coloradas

Hey family!!

So my new sector is really big and cool. We have a lot of members that are active like 160 came to church on Sunday.. wow! and we have some cool investigators that we need to baptize. We have a family of four and they are great. The mom’s name is Carola and she is really nice and wants to get baptized but her husband is against the church. But he is leaving for six months. So we are going to try to get his consent but if he doesn’t get it she might just get baptized anyway... she really wants to. Her husband owes it to her. He is not very nice to her about stuff.
It’s been really hot and humid!! My companion is from California. He is really cool and we have a lot of fun. We have this investigator that is trying to quit smoking so for the new year we did some goals. One of them is that we get up at six thirty to run with him every day. I am kind of addicted to running now... and it’s really fun. We went to this little pond thing about a mile and a half away from our house. He has twin boys and they were swimming and we talked a little about baptism. He asked if someone could be baptized in a lake and we said sure if you can get dunked!! I think he liked the idea of getting baptized in a lake. We have a lot of work to do with him but we won’t give up.

My toe never got un-swollen so I have to go back to the doctor again... It’s all big and red. But it doesn’t hurt as bad as last time. Oh mom, there is a Columbian here who really, really wants beef jerky so in my next package if you could send some!! I love Columbians!! They are really cool people. There are a lot of families from there in this sector.
I am doing really well here and am really going to try and work hard. We may struggle finding some new people but it’s not like I haven’t seen that before... any way that is about all for this week. I hope all is well there and don’t freeze to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment